Over the past twelve years, my mom and I have made a trip to the mauseleum to visit all of the family that is buried there. It is actually quite an interesting place to me. As you walk down the long halls, there are walls filled with people who are buried there. It's always interesting to me to see when they were born, when they died, and wonder who they were and what they were about. It's also a reminder that life is short. Those same people were once born, had a childhood, got married, had children, grandchildren, and then... they died. Scary stuff when you think about it. Anyway, this year my mom and I decided that we no longer wanted to go to the mauseleum. This year we drove by the homes that family used to live in. It was fun to hear my mom tell stories of what she and the family did at each of the homes. I had never been in any of these houses, except for my grandmother's, which was a total disaster...
My grandma had a lovely home. It was clean and warm and full of life. She had nice furniture and a nicely manicured lawn. I'll never forget the times spent in the summer swimming in her pool and then lying out on the lawn furniture getting warmed up in the sun while eating green mint ice cream. I can still smell the yard, the inside of her house, and even her. Lovely times we had.
Unfortunately, the new owners of my grandmother's house have no self-respect for themselves nor their property. My mom and I were devasted by the way the house looked. It has been destroyed and is in the process of being worked on, but nonetheless destroyed.

The house my mom grew up in.


This back patio used to be filled with lawn furniture.

Where the pool used to be. This backyard used to be so nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment