It was nice having grandparents...
But two very important ones, Grandpa Harry and Grandma Karen, were greatly missed...
The kids sat at their own table to eat. You'll notice even Emerson had a special spot.
One of the fun things we did was have a pinata! Wayne held it above the staircase...
And each of the kids took a turn. Instead of hitting this pinata, the kids pulled a string. The "lucky kid" that pulled the string that opened the pinata got a prize! Liam, Anna's son, was the winner.
We had a yummy Woody and Buzz cake from Safeway. It was deeeeelicius! Green Mint Ice Cream went along with it.
Since the party was in celebration of both boys' birthdays, one side of the cake had four candles for Jayden and the other side had one candle for Emerson. Of course when it came time to blow out candles, Emerson didn't want anything to do with the cake.
And finally, the gifts. We had asked people not to bring presents only because we felt bad for people to have to bring two gifts. Still people brought them, and that was nice. The boys loved it, of course. Jayden kept asking if he could open presents, but I kept asking him to wait. There were a couple who did not bring anything and I didn't want them to feel bad. However.............. I happened to look across the room and found this at one point:
The only problem now is that I have no idea who gave what to the boys. How am I supposed to write thank you notes now???
No comments:
Post a Comment