Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting Ready for the Big Party

There's always so much to do when planning a birthday party.  I am so glad that I ordered all of the plates, cups, napkins, and forks a month ago to save time.  Good thinking on my part!  Yesterday, I went to the Dollar Tree to find favors for all of the kids.  I didn't want to spend too much money on favors, especially because we have sixteen confirmed kids attending and was able to walk out spending $20 on a ton of fun stuff!


To the left of the counter are the favors.  Each child will receive a "Dear God" book, a card game (either Old Maid, Crazy 8's, or Go Fish), a lizard, a watch, and a blow thing.

Here are the loot bags that will hold the favors.  I put names on every bag and made sure that siblings didn't receive the same game, lizard, book, or colored watch.

A close-up of the "loot bag".

Everything going in the loot bag.

The birthday present that Jayden picked out for Emerson and helped wrap.

The view of our front room.The long table set up is just for the kids!  There will be a table placed closer to the window for adults and adults can also use our glass dining room table to sit at.  There aren't going to be enough places for people to sit!

Tablecloths, etc.  I think I will put the tablecloths on today to save time.  I'm all about saving time and being prepared this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment