Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Today is the Ten Year Anniversary of being attacked by Muslims.  People don't like to point out that it was Muslims who attacked us, but it was.  "Political Correctness" in this country has become unreal and demeaning.  Everyone keeps asking, "What were you doing when we were attacked?"  Where was I?  I was driving to school.  I had just begun my first year teaching in Victorville, California.  I remember driving on the dirt/gravel road and hearing the report on the radio that we had been attacked.  I immediately called my dad who verified, that indeed, it was true. 

Today at church there was a tribute for those that lost their lives on this day, ten years ago.  Former Miss America, Katie Harmon spoke briefly and sang, "God Bless America".  I think it's been years since I've heard that song.  Afterwards, kids were able to climb into firetrucks and get their own fireman's hat.  My boys loved this!


No comments:

Post a Comment