Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jitter Glitter

Tomorrow morning Jayden starts Kindergarten.  I cannot believe this day has come and that he is old enough to go to school.  Even though I'm feeling sentimental that the "baby days" are gone, I'm excited for Jayden's new chapter.  He seems a little unsure, but as the evening is going along, he's become more excited.

Last week we went to Jayden's school for an orientation.  His teacher gave us a packet with information as well as some "Jitter Glitter" for the kids.  Attached to a little ziplock with glitter was this cute poem:

Jitter Glitter!
(For the night before your 1st day of kindergarten)

The night before school is exciting and fun.
There's always so much to be done.
Your clothes are ready, your backpack is too.
Your classroom is full of fun things to do.
There are many questions going through your mind,
So many thoughts of every kind.
Sometimes kids get the jitters down deep, 
And find it hard to fall asleep.
This jitter glitter is a present for you.
It will help you be rested and ready for school.
The night before school when you go to bed,
Just sprinkle some glitter on your head.
The glitter will help you sleep through the night
And wake in the morning fresh and bright.
I'll sprinkle some glitter on my head, too,
And remember I can't wait to see you!!!

I can already tell this is going to be a good year with a really fun teacher.  In so many ways she already reminds me of my most favorite teacher, Mrs. Pettit!


Here's Jayden holding the poem and glitter.

Pouring the Jitter Glitter on his head.

Jitter Glitter!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment